Labour's plan for jobs & growth
This is a really worrying time for families, struggling with higher food prices and gas bills and worried about their jobs and their children’s futures. That’s why Labour has set out a clear five-point plan for jobs, to help struggling families and support small businesses
Labour has set out a clear five-point plan for jobs, to help struggling families and support small businesses. Our jobs plan includes:
1. A £2 billion tax on bank bonuses to fund a real jobs guarantee for all young people out of work for a year and build 25,000 more affordable homes.
2. Bringing forward long-term investment projects schools, roads and transport - to get people back to work and strengthen our economy for the future.
3. Reversing the Tory-led Government's damaging VAT rise now for a temporary period - a £450 boost for a couple with children - immediate help for our high streets and for struggling families and pensioners.
4. A one year cut in VAT to 5% on home improvements, repairs and maintenance - to help homeowners and small businesses.
5. A one year national insurance tax break for every small firm which takes on extra workers - helping small businesses to grow and create jobs.
Take action and show your support for Labour’s 5 point plan now.